Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177
Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177

Historya miasta Wilna. K-176, K-177

Author: Michał Baliński , 1794 - 1864

Title: Historya miasta Wilna  (TI, TII).

Title in English: History of the City of Vilnius (VI, VII).

Published: Wilno. Drukiem Antoniego Marcinowskiego.1836.

Format: w 8ce, str. XXIV, 234, 6 nl., ryc. 7 oraz 290, 12 nl., ryc. 1, faksym. 8, złp. 20.

Binding: contemporary binding.

Ex libris: E. Dambrausko.

Michał Baliński (1794–1864) was a historian, Vice-president of the Vilnius Provisional Archaeology Commission, and member of the Imperial Russian Geography Society. He studied and published documents related to Lithuanian history and wrote works on the history of Poland, Lithuania, and the city of Vilnius. The two volume History of the City of Vilnius describes the period of 1387–1586. The work was illustrated by painter and graphic artist Karolis Ripinskis (1809–1892), and lithographers Jozef Ozięblowski (1805–1878) and Antanas Kliukovskis (1806– after 1864). The book was published in Antoni Marcinowski’s printing house. It is decorated with the ex librises of the pedagogue and researcher of Lithuanian language and literature Zigmantas Kuzmickis (1898–1976) and E. Dambrauskas. 

Reference: "The Collection of Lawyer Jaunius Gumbis: the Past Preserved in Books". Museum and Collector - 7. Vilnius: National Museum of Lithuania, 2018, p. 200.

Published: "The Collection of Lawyer Jaunius Gumbis: the Past Preserved in Books". Museum and Collector - 7. Vilnius: National Museum of Lithuania, 2018, p. 200-205.

Photographs: 

3rd: Andrzej Benedykt Kłągiewicz. Drawn by Karolis Ripinskis, copied by lithography by Juozapas Ozemblovskis. Andrzej Benedykt Kłągiewicz (1767–1841) was the Bishop of Vilnius and Professor of Theology at Vilnius University. In 1815–1825, he was Head of the Department of Dogmatic Theology of Vilnius University. 

4th: Vilnius Lower Castle. Lithographer Antanas Kliukovskis. The Lower Castle is a Renaissance palace complex of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania, built on the northern part of the Castle Hill in mid 16th century. The lithography depicts part of the Classicist Cathedral, namely the Chapel of St Casimir, and a fragment of the slightly damaged palace. 

5th: Map of pre-Christian Vilnius.

6th / 7th: Church of St Michael in Vilnius.